Sunday, September 11, 2016

Blog post assignment 4

The quote I used from chapter 8 is as follows. “I was a terrible believer in things, but I was also a terrible nonbeliever in things. I was as searching as I was skeptical. I didn’t know where to put my faith, or if there was such a place, or even precisely what the word faith meant, in all of its complexity. Everything seemed to be possibly potent and possibly fake.” Does the quotation indicate a conflict? Yes.  If so, what conflict? The conflict is that Cheryl wants to to have faith in her beliefs however she is met with disappointment. Does the quotation characterize Cheryl, Paul, her mother, or another character? If so, in what way does 
it characterize?  The quote characterizes Cheryl because in the beginning she prayed that her mother would live a little bit longer but she dies much later than what the doctor had said.

1 comment: